Date:      Wed, 04 Nov 1998 06:46:38 -0600 (CST)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        "Vladislav V. Shutov" <eclipse@eeib.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Problem with instaling SoundBlaster16 PnP in FreeBSD 3.0!!!

On 04-Nov-98 Vladislav V. Shutov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I had problem with installation a SB PnP in the FreeBSD 3.0. After
> installation patch PnP as in the Readme.FreeBSD file in ~ sys/i386/isa/sound/
> then fernel doesn't maked. Please, tell me explicitly, that I should make and
> how to install a sound card like a SB16 PnP with support PnP.

The latest 3.0 kernel doesn't require any patches to support PnP or the
SoundBlaster, for that matter).  You were probably reading an out-of-date README
file.

See http://multiverse.com/~rhh/awedrv/awepnp-freebsd.txt.  Ignore the parts
about patching, editing kernel source files (no longer necessary).  Just check
the kernel config lines and PnP info.

--
Conrad Sabatier

I took a course in speed reading and was able to read War and Peace in
twenty minutes.  It's about Russia.
                -- Woody Allen