Date:      05 Aug 2002 11:23:40 -0600
From:      John-David Childs <nospamposter@nterprise.net>
To:        Tim Erlin <tperlin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Evolution, Connector, FreeBSD

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 12:17, Tim Erlin wrote:
> Thus, the question: has anyone used FreeBSD, Ximian
> Evolution, and MS Exchange?

Yes.  Daily.  Right now ;)

> Purchase of the Connector is a must, I understand,
> but not supported under FreeBSD (Linux emulation???).

The connector only works with Exchange 2000, not
Exchange 5.5

If you use the connector, you should use the Linux
version of Evolution (not the one in the ports tree).
AFAIK, there's no reason why it won't work (I used
the Linux version of Evolution before the port
was finished).

Since my work still uses Exchange 5.5, I connect to
it as an IMAP client, and I have a filter which
looks for Outlook appointments, copies them to
the Exchange calendar folder (so it looks like I've
accepted the meeting), and highlights it in my INBOX
(so I can manually add it to my calendar if I want).