Date:      Sun, 01 Oct 2000 03:28:16 GMT
From:      "Drew Redman" <drew_redman@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Free BSD Install Problem

Hey all,
    I'm new to the list, and new to FreeBSD, so go easy on me please.

I recently downloaded and burned the FreeBSD 4.1 ISO. I am now trying to
boot and install FreeBSD from the cd onto an IBM 330 PC Server. But I'm
having a hard time doing so. After the computer boots into the FreeBSD
install off of the cd, it gives you the option of configuring kernel options
or simply continuing. Regardless of which option I pick, I still have the
problem. Anyway, after continuing to load the kernel, I get a message saying
"Waiting 15 seconds for SCSI devices to settle". Well, 15 seconds comes and
goes, and nothing happens.. In fact, I let it sit for 30 minutes and nothing
happened.. I have no idea why this is happening, can anyone out there please
give me any clues as to where the problem might be?
Thank You,
Drew

BTW- Yes the box has enough guts to run FreeBSD easily... 64megs of RAM, 4.5
gig hd, PPro 200...