Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:38:00 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <brad@stop.mail-abuse.org>
To:        Hiroki Sato <hrs@freebsd.org>
Cc:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: U1E and U2 are supported system?

At 5:57 AM +0900 2004-08-29, Hiroki Sato wrote:

>   If so, I would like to move U1E and U2E to the "Fully Supported Systems"
>   section.  I do not know about E3500 and E4500, but they use a different
>   controller chip?

	This is truly funny.  The entire reason I subscribed to this
mailing list just a few minutes ago is that I got an U2 last night,
and I wanted to try to install FreeBSD on it.  I read the exact same
section you quoted, and was disappointed to think that I'd have to
install OpenBSD, NetBSD, or Solaris instead.

	So, are U1E and U2 now actually supported with the on-board SCSI
controller?

--
Brad Knowles, <brad@stop.mail-abuse.org>

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

   SAGE member since 1995.  See <http://www.sage.org/>; for more info.