Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 18:27:38 -500 (EST)
From:      Jay Richmond <jayrich@in.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IRC Client Errors

Hello,
	I am getting the following errors when trying to use an irc
client with any number of servers:

	*** Connecting to port 6656 of irc2.ais.net
	*** Unable to connect to port 6656 of server irc2.ais.net:
	Address family not supported by protocol family

This happens with any number of servers, and occurs on both FreeBSD
2.2-RELEASE and 3.0-SNAP.  I'm sure it's a configuration problem on my
end.  Is there anything obvious that I should be looking at that would
cause this?

Thanks for your time,
Jay
jayrich@in.net