Date:      21 Apr 99 01:51:12 MDT
From:      Dmitry Strakovsky <dima49@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RS232 question

Hello,

My question is about implementation of serial port communication under
FreeBSD. =

I'd like to preface the whole thing(too late for prefaces, but..) by sayi=
ng
that I'm an art student, so I don't code all that well <part of my proble=
m :)>
and I have never done admin stuff until recently. I guess what I'm trying=
say is that I'm not a complete newbie, but, if you can, be gentle with th=
answer please.

I'm trying to interface to a custom sensor board.
I was able to switch baud rate using  O_NONBLOCK flag setting but I can n=
ot
write out or read in if I use it :( =

I would love to set some sample code and ask for advice from someone
experienced in serial com. If this is not a good forum for this question =
would really appreciate if you could point me towards an appropriate list=
serv
or news group.

                         Thank you very much,
                                   Dmitry Strakovsky