Date:      Fri, 17 Apr 1998 05:43:34 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        archie@whistle.com (Archie Cobbs)
Cc:        jim.king@mail.sstar.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DHCP client/server integration (import proposal)

> > But this brings up another question:  If the DHCP client only gets NAK
> > take this to mean that it shouldn't be using the network at all?
>
> Good question.. this should only happen if all the addresses are
> used up. I'd say it shouldn't be using the network at all... but
> try again later. Talking on 10/8 is probably not going to help anything.

This is irrelevent.  Windows 98 will do this.

If Windows 98 implies an algorithm on top of the DHCP algorithms,
it has to be supported.

It's simply not relevent whether or not it's a good idea.

If it's not expressly *forbidden* by the RFC's (like their option
negotiation) it *must* be supported, if only for reasons of
interoperability.

Microsoft sucks, but in sucking, pulls other OS's in the direction they
want to go...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---