Date:      Sat, 04 Nov 1995 19:46:35 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux Doom - Anyone have it working?

Hi

I am trying to get Linux Doom going, and it _almost_ starts.

First time, I actually got some pictures, followed by an error
(Linux-emul(252): ioperm not supported) on the console.

The following times it seems that my SYSV shared memory is all taken:

                          DOOM System Startup v1.8
V_Init: allocate screens.
M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
Z_Init: Init zone memory allocation daemon.
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
	adding ./doom1.wad
	shareware version.
M_Init: Init miscellaneous info.
R_Init: Init DOOM refresh daemon - [...................]
P_Init: Init Playloop state.
I_Init: Setting up machine state.
D_CheckNetGame: Checking network game status.
startskill 2  deathmatch: 0  startmap: 1  startepisode: 1
player 1 of 1 (1 nodes)
S_Init: Setting up sound.
HU_Init: Setting up heads up display.
ST_Init: Init status bar.
Using MITSHM extension
sndserver: not found
errno=17
Error: Could not get any shared memory

...and no pictures.

My kernel has all three SYSV* and LINUX_COMPAT.

Anyone having any better luck? How did you do it?

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger mark@grumble.grondar.za for PGP key