Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 15:04:55 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@roguetrader.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Visa POS Port daemon

A few months back I mentioned the POSd I had written.  It is now
available, and anybody interested can get and use it, following the
guidelines set out in the COPYRIGHT file.

The Visa POS Port is essentially like a Credit Card swipe machine, except
for it is connected through the Serial port on a computer. The Visa POS
Port Daemon (POSd) is a Unix Server Daemon which handles communication to
and from the serial port, and routes it to one or more network
connections. The POSd is what the Visa Documentation refers to as an
In-Store Processor (ISP), where the external database software is the
Electronic Cash Register (ECR). The POSd is known to run in:

    FreeBSD 2.1.7 or newer
    Digital Unix 4.0

For more information, look at the web site:

    http://www.sunrem.com/posd/

All feedback can be sent to:

    brandon@sunrem.com

There is also a mailing list:

    posd@sunrem.com

Which can be subscribed to, using the standard majordomo subscription
means.

-Brandon Gillespie