Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:23:21 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   onboard SCSI controller doesn't get probed

I have a DEC pc XL590 which uses a PCI-based NCR 53C810 embedded SCSI
controller.  When I boot from DOS, I can see the two 500M drives as C and
D.

I'm trying to install 3.1-Release from CD.  I use the visual configuration
to remove conflicts.  Novice Install.  Then I get "No disks found".

From the debug screen (ALT-F2), I can see the following devices were
found: ed0, lp0, fd0, si0, ppp0.

I don't know what to try next.

According to the mailing list archives, this box was supported.  At least
back in 1995 it was (grin).  ref:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=79197+81039+/usr/local/www/db/t
ext/1995/freebsd-questions/19950205.freebsd-questions

Any ideas?
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.FreeBSDDiary.org/freebsd/