Date:      Sat, 03 Feb 2007 17:28:59 +0100
From:      Fredrik Tolf <fredrik@dolda2000.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI problems on Dell Latitude CP

On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 18:46 +0100, Fredrik Tolf wrote:
> One weird thing is that the failure mode has changed without any reason
> I can see. I've been trying some different loader parameters, but as far
> as I know, I've reset them all to their defaults afterwards. Anyway, the
> problem seems to be when initializing the ACPI battery and acline
> drivers. First, the VGA font would be changed to its large mode and the
> system would lock up. Now, it resets instead.

I found the debug.acpi.disabled parameter, and I've found that it works
when I set it to "cmbat" (nothing wrong with acad, at least). Is there
anyone who can tell me what I can try next to get it a bit closer to
work? I'm guessing it would involve patching my DSDT, but I can't really
say that I know that very much about ACPI in general, so it would be
great if someone could point to some less onerous documentation than the
official specification.

Fredrik Tolf