Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 12:39:47 -0700
From:      "Brandon Harper" <lists-inet@booms.net>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: NAI VirusScan [was: probable virus]

> Just to followup, the daily dat file seems to be working fine.
> Anyone out
> there using it on a regular basis, I would be interested in hearing your
> experiences.
>
>          ---Mike

Mike--

I'm also using UVScan and know that my definition files are getting updated
daily via cron, and it hasn't been catching these latest virii either.  I
also had someone privately e-mail me who said it wasn't working for them
either yesterday.  I'm using version 4.x, and have the latest dat file:

bash-2.04# ls -la dat*.*
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  2222080 Oct 23 21:15 dat-4167.tar

bash-2.04# ls -la scan.dat
-rwxr--r--  1 root  wheel  1543967 Oct 23 22:15 scan.dat

It did however catch a W95.Hybris.gen message yesterday  (the
haha@sexyfun.net worm), so the problem seems to be related to the
definitions for UVScan itself.

- Brandon

<!-- http://www.booms.net -->