Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:01:26 +1000
From:      "Murray Taylor" <MTaylor@bytecraft.com.au>
To:        "Damian Wiest" <dwiest@vailsys.com>, "Anton Shterenlikht" <mexas@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc:        George Allan <d1945@sbcglobal.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: pdf editor

=20

Use the minimalist elements of latex as a 'document markup',=20
and write in wordpad on the windows box as that seems to understand
newlines,
explain to them the concept of 'getting the content right first' _and
then_=20
doing the fussy layout. And put all the images, and plots into jpegs=20
'for discussion' during the writing process, with appropriate document
markers.

Just gotta come up with a way to do the maths in a common format (again
teach
'em latex, by showing them the difference if the finished product a few
times
for some complex equation/theorem/lemma etc)

lotsa luck!

BTW I have had these 'discussion' before and another argument is disk
space
I had a writer generate over 15Gb of documents in all the initial.=20
'required to be held' intermediate formats and finals forms.=20
along with the humungous hi res screen grabs....=20

My versions fitted on a DVD. A Makefile, the latex source, and realistic
jpegs.
=20
cheers
mjt
The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.=20

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.

### This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses by Bytecraft ###