Date:      Tue, 24 Dec 2013 00:30:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: if_re NIC ping responds only after manual re-create or dhclient

This error had been fixed in an update some time ago. The error is
unfortunately back. Same description as previous posts - I can ping to NIC
after I delete IP and manually re-assign. During the previous error, I had
come across a separate thread on the forums with very similar problem
description and had concluded that the problem was with the if_re driver.

This time around I have also noticed considerable networking problems: slow
or dropped connections, jails unable to keep consistent forwarding traffic
between each other, and just a whole slew of annoyances.

As posted before, hardware is:
re0: <RealTek 8169/8169S/8169SB(L)/8110S/8110SB(L) Gigabit Ethernet> port
0xd800-0xd8ff mem
re1: <RealTek 8168/8111 B/C/CP/D/DP/E/F/G PCIe Gigabit Ethernet> port
0xe800-0xe8ff mem

Please advise maintainer.

-----
FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS