Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:49:31 +0100
From:      "William Leeson" <william.leeson@cs.tcd.ie>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PPP trouble

Hi,
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask if not I would appreciate
if you could direct me to right mailing list etc.. Anyway I have being
trying to use user-ppp to connect FreeBSD 3.0 with my ISP with limited
success I can log on to my (its a UNIX style login not PAP or CHAP) ISP and
start up their PPP program however when the negotiation starts the ISP's
side seems to send rubbish if I am interpreting the log file correctly. When
I look at the term or connect stuff I see that on starting the ISP's PPP
program it sends me my IP address as some text in the welcome text output on
starting the PPP program. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
        Willy B^(