Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:24:38 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Pep_Turr=F3?= <pep.turro@gmail.com>
To:        Thomas Beer <nohuman@gmail.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless bridge failing with a particular client

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:36:37 +0100, Thomas Beer <nohuman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try to provide a static IP without DHCP to the Nokia and
> announce it in the network. If that works try a data transfer
> that will take some time. During that transfer the packet loss
> rate via ping should drop significantly.

Thanks for your suggestions. But it did not work for me. I had static
ips on the device already. To announce it in the network I did:
arp -s 10.10.10.73 00:0e:ed:bf:28:1
on the server (bridge) and test desktop. But it did not improve
things: around 90% packet loss still.

As for the long transfer, no success either: tried to download an iso
image, but it did not get past the bridge :(

What I fail to find is what is different for this device, because it
works perfectly with the other cards / OS's I tried.

Happy new year,

pep