Date:      Sat, 12 Mar 2011 10:28:02 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   nvidia 260.19.44 X11 display driver for FreeBSD amd64

nvidia offers a new FreeBSD /amd64 ready 64Bit driver, 260.19.44. We are
about to equipt several boxes with newer nVidia Fermi based graphics
cards (570 and 560Ti). On Linux boxes (Suse 10.XX, I do not know, a
recent one) a GTX570 won't work with the older nvidia 256.53 driver, we
had to update to the most recent 260.XX driver via YAST. Now I suspect a
similar problem in FreeBSD.

Well, nvidia provides informations about how to install the driver but I
would prefere the ports-solution.

Thanks in advance,
Oliver