Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:57:03 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        nanoman@nanoman.ca
Cc:        Koop Mast <kwm@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HAVE_GNOME vs. bsd.ports.options.mk

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM, A.J. Kehoe IV (Nanoman)
<nanoman@nanoman.ca> wrote:
> Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>
> [...]
>

>> I have made suggests on what to do. Please contact with A.J. Kehoe IV.
>> I suggested him to create a team to work on get rid of HAVE_GNOME. He
>> even has created a wiki page about it at http://wiki.freebsd.org/Gnome
>> .
>>
>> A.J. Kehoe IV, sorry, my time is very limit right now. Maybe now you
>> will have more people that can help you after this email. Who knows.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mezz
>

> No problem, Mezz.  My availability has also been very limited lately, which
> is why I've been so quiet.
>
> I just have a few questions:
>
> 1. Is https://github.com/pct/freebsd-mate the GitHub repository that you're
> using?  I didn't see a link to it on any of the FreeBSD GNOME pages.

No, it was Daniel Lin <linpct@gmail.com> that set up there. He has
contacted me and asked me for approve to copy all of MATE from
Marcuscom CVS as he liked my port better than his. My current
repository is at
http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ports-experimental/
and I plan to copy over to my github account.

> 2. Are the patches for the WANT_GNOME decommission project expected to go
> into the MarcusCom CVS repository as an intermediate step before they're
> submitted to the FreeBSD Ports Collection?

Do it in github is probably best thing to do since it's public. You
can even add people in your list to allow them commit and etc. Add
kwm@ in CC to see if it's okay with him about github too.

> 3. To where should I/we send the anti-WANT_GNOME patches?  Should these go
> to freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org or marcuscom-devel@marcuscom.com?

See my #2 answer. Addition here, when it's done then submit a PR with
link of patch for portmgr to test it in the pointyhat-exp before one
of us commit it.

> 4. Can someone give me (AJKehoe) write access to my personal home page on
> the FreeBSD Wiki (http://wiki.freebsd.org/AJKehoe)?

I don't know much about Wiki stuff, but I think you should be able to
click on 'Create new empty page' or something like that if I remember
it correct?

Cheers,
Mezz

--