Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 00:59:16 +0200 (EET)
From:      Vladimir Kushnir <kushn@mail.kar.net>
To:        Danijel Ilisin <d.i@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XF86 Server binary (ELF problem)

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Danijel Ilisin wrote:

> Hya...
> I just bought a Creative Blaster TNT graphics card (equipped with a RIVA
> TNT chip) and finally found a XF86_SVGA server supporting that beast.
>
> Only problem is:
>
> When calling XF86_SVGA, i get:
>
> ELF binary type not known
>
> --- WHY ?? ---
>
> linux_mod is running
> linux libraries running..

So it's linux X server...

> What is he missing? Please anyone help.. coz X won't run without it :(

It's probably compiled statically (what's "file XF86_SVGA" output?). If
so,
brandelf -t Linux XF86_SVGA

Actually, I'm not sure if it will run correctly (X servers are somewhat
more OS dependent than usual userland programs). Still, perhaps I'm wrong
and linuxulator already does the trick.

Hope this helps,
Vladimir