Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:35:30 -0500
From:      "Placid Publishing, LLC" <peter@placidpublishing.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Uninstalling Ports Question

Say I have a new system with nothing installed on it yet from the ports
collection. Lets say I install Apache and lets say it requires php,
python, perl, and ruby. Now lets say I uninstall Apache with "pkg_delete
Apache". Will it remove php, python, perl, and ruby? Or will it leave
those packages? Even if nothing else is depending on them?

If it does, how can I remove those quickly with a pkg_* command? Also,
what happens if other programs I installed later use php, python, or
perl? I'm guessing they would just be left?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!