Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 20:13:42 +0200
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
To:        Jeff Kletsky <Jeff@wagsky.com>
Cc:        Kevin Way <kevin.way@overtone.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg/port dependency tool (enclosed)

Jeff Kletsky(Jeff@wagsky.com)@2001.04.25 07:32:03 +0000:
> It may be a while, as I said, I need to digest all of this into a set of
> requirements for the product and actually do some design for the next
> round. This clearly includes the ability to work in concert with the
> existing tools (pkg_*) as well as being abstracted and modular in a manner
> to permit easy extension to any future package management system.
would it make sense to discuss the aspects of
- analysis
- removal
- update
- security advisory related actions
of ports with
- kris/security
- the ports people
- the release egnineering folks
?

i think it would make sense since, as i pointed out in one of my last
posts, the format of /var/db/pkg/* should be a little more logical in
terms of being able to upgrade packages on the fly from ports or binary
packages.

/k

--
> "There is a God, but He drinks" -- Blore
KR433/KR11-RIPE -- http://www.webmonster.de -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de
GnuPG 0x2964BF46 2001-03-15 42F9 9FFF 50D4 2F38 DBEE  DF22 3340 4F4E 2964 BF46