Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 1996 23:03:07 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        festremera@shell.monmouth.com (Frank J Estremera)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IDE/SCSI boot manager?

As Frank J Estremera wrote:

> I have just loaded and installed FreeBSD onto my 486/66. My
> configuration; 540IDE primary drive, 2 402mb SCSI internal
> drives. I loaded FreeBSD onto the 2nd (sd1) scsi. How (or can I)
> have the boot manager (booteasy) recognize both the BIOS known IDE
> drive and the second SCSI drive to select from? If this can not be
> done, how do I create a bootable FreeBSD floppy that will target
> the FreeBSD loaded SCSI drive?

All this can only be done if your SCSI adaptor is willing to register
more than a second drive to the BIOS.  Older adaptors went the C:/D:
only approach (or, in BIOS numbering, 0x81 and 0x82).

Sorry, for the boot-manager related questions, this is most likely the
wrong list.  Try questions@freebsd.org.  I assume most people
listening here don't really know what a boot-manager is. :-)

--
cheers, J"org