Date:      Wed, 07 Jun 1995 06:12:20 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        John Lind <john@starfire.mn.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ok, *now* it's End-Of-ALPHA Release Candidate time!

> 1)  After you select your timezone with the CMOS clock == wall clock,
>     and it asks you to verify your local time, the time it gives
>     is not correct.  Finally, you just have to lie to it and say
>     that it is correct, and after the system reboots from the hard
>     drive, things seem OK.

Hmmm..  I'm about to give up on tzsetup.. :-)

> 2)  I didn't get all of the distributions that I asked for.  Not
>     sure why, but XFree86 didn't come over.

Can you reproduce this?  Which "Update" of the floppies are you
working with?  The latest are stamped: Tue Jun  6 01:42:31 PDT 1995

> 3)  When you ask the post-install configuration to get more packages,
>     it just looks for a CD-ROM.  It doesn't seem to be able to do

For "package" packages, right?  Umm..  pkg_manage should just start up
if there's no CD, otherwise it tries to start up someplace more
interesting, that's the only difference..  I suppose I could have it
wander over to the NFS or UFS directory of your choice, but the FTP
bit would be much harder..  Someday!

> Excellent work!  Good stuff!

Thank you!

					Jordan