Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 13:23:02 +0100 (BST)
From:      Developer <dev@fgate.flevel.co.uk>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD V2.2

On Wed, 26 Jun 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Well, now that is different.  I suspected your config file up to now
> since you really have turned on some oddball combinations there (and
> I'd *still* prune it drastically if this other problem weren't
> occurring since it still looks more like LINT than GENERIC), but if
> the kernel I supplied is broken then it does indeed look like there's
> some incompatibility with your system.  Can you describe your system
> configuration to me in detail?

Ive just tried an older 2.2 snap and found that it crashes in the same way
:( I think that maybe there is something in the 2.2 kernel that doesn't
like our systems. I think that it must be something quite low level as it
reboots before any of the system debug messages about the devices even
come up. Very strange.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Trefor S.