Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 1996 17:00:23 -0500
From:      73220.604@compuserve.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   packages installation problem

I am installing the FreeBSD system from a DOS partition with succes.
Because I can not to get my cdrom(a PCI ATAPI Mitsumi 2X cdrom) to work,
the only way I can install is to copy the cdrom content to a a dos
partition under /freebsd.  Therefore I xcopied the packages to
D:/freebsd/packages/   However, the sysinstall installed the system
but rejected the packages.  When I select the Packages from the menu, it
did respond with 'found index' and gave me a whole list of package
selections.  After I selected the package I need and return to the upper
level menu, then it seemed to try to install but soon after come back with
a message "can not find the xxxxx from the media".  I tried to copy the
actual package from /packages/all to the correspoding directories but
still got the same message. Please Help!!!
Thank you very much!

James Hwang, 73220.604@compuserve.com