Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 1996 09:30:53 +0100
From:      Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, sef@kithrup.com, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unix/NT synchronization model (was: SMP progress?)

Poul-Henning> In message <199606051858.LAA29430@phaeton.artisoft.com>,

>> Each time I pull an updated tree from my local mirror of the CVS
>> tree, I must re-merge and re-integrate all of my patches.
Poul-Henning> join the club. :-(

Well, a cludge way to do it is to not ctm the cvs tree but just the source
tree and then maintain your own cvs tree with the FreeBSD sources on
a vendor branch. If you want to have FreeBSD's cvs tree as well then stick
it somewhere else. The ctm patches to src then get applied to a vendor
branch of *your* cvs tree.

I've never tried this but I've been thinking about it a bit.