Date:      Tue, 08 Aug 2006 10:11:38 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best POP daemon to use with Postfix

Philip Radford wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have an issue which is starting to get annoying.
>
> I am currently running Postfix 2.3.2 under FreeBSD 5.4.
>
> Which POP3 daemons are people using to provide remote access to mail folders
> via POP3.
>
> I have just installed qpopper via ports which all seemed to go well until
> actually acessing the server via a windows mail client (Outlook Express).
> The client connects and just sits there.
>
> Examing /var/log/messages returns a EOF or I/O error.
>
> Anyone know why this is happening or what I can do to identify further.
>
> Regards
> Phil.

I had nothing but problems with qpopper and large mboxes. I finally
dumped it in favor of 'dovecot' and never looked back.

Dovecot will shortly be coming out with a new version, I believe they
are at something like RC-7 or so right now. You might want to wait until
the new version is in the ports. Your choice!

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard@seibercom.net

     Have you heard about the new *lesbian architecture* homes?

     No studs ­ all tongue and groove.