Date:      Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:38:11 -0600
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI hang on 6.0-RELEASE on Compaq Proliant ML530 (866MHz Xeon)

On Nov 28, 2005, at 7:10 AM, John Baldwin wrote:

> On Saturday 26 November 2005 11:18 am, Kevin Day wrote:
>> Hangs on boot after displaying kernel copyright notice with ACPI
>> enabled. Works fine with ACPI disabled.
>>
>> Server has two CPUs, but hang occurs with or without SMP kernel.
>>

>> acpidump at http://www.dragondata.com/~toasty/toasty-ml530.asl
>>

>> dmesg from working config:
>
> Any chance you could use a serial console to capture the dmesg from
> a booth
> with ACPI enabled?

I get as far as:

> Copyright (c) 1992-2005 The FreeBSD Project.
> Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993,
> 1994
>          The Regents of the University of California. All rights
> reserved.
> FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0: Thu Nov  3 09:36:13 UTC 2005
>      root@x64.samsco.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC

before it hangs. I realize that's not much to go on. :)

Since the next thing it should be displaying is the mptable string,
just in case this is relevant, here's the output of mptable:

=======

MPTable

-------

MP Floating Pointer Structure:

   location:                     BIOS
   physical address:             0x000f4ff0
   signature:                    '_MP_'
   length:                       16 bytes
   version:                      1.4
   checksum:                     0xdc
   mode:                         Virtual Wire

-------

MP Config Table Header:

   physical address:             0x000f2d88
   signature:                    'PCMP'
   base table length:            508
   version:                      1.4
   checksum:                     0xd1
   OEM ID:                       'COMPAQ  '
   Product ID:                   'PROLIANT    '
   OEM table pointer:            0x00000000
   OEM table size:               0
   entry count:                  55
   local APIC address:           0xfee00000
   extended table length:        252
   extended table checksum:      91

-------

MP Config Base Table Entries:

--
Processors:     APIC ID Version State           Family  Model
Step    Flags
                  1       0x10    BSP, usable     6       8
3       0x383fbff
                  0       0x10    AP, usable      6       8
6       0x383fbff
--
Bus:            Bus ID  Type
                  0       PCI
                  2       PCI
                  5       PCI
                 15       ISA
--
I/O APICs:      APIC ID Version State           Address
                  8       0x11    usable          0xfec00000
--
I/O Ints:       Type    Polarity    Trigger     Bus ID   IRQ    APIC
ID PIN#
                 INT     active-lo       level        0
8:A          8   31
                 INT     active-lo       level        0
8:B          8   31
                 INT     active-lo       level        0
8:C          8   31
                 INT     active-lo       level        0
8:D          8   31
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
8:A          8   30
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
8:B          8   30
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
8:C          8   30
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
8:D          8   30
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
7:A          8   29
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
7:B          8   29
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
7:C          8   29
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
7:D          8   29
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
6:A          8   28
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
6:B          8   28
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
6:C          8   28
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
6:D          8   28
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
9:A          8   27
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
9:B          8   27
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
9:C          8   27
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
9:D          8   27
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
5:A          8   26
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
5:B          8   26
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
5:C          8   26
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
5:D          8   26
                 INT     active-lo       level        2
5:A          8   25
                 INT     active-lo       level        2
5:B          8   25
                 INT     active-lo       level        2
5:C          8   25
                 INT     active-lo       level        2
5:D          8   25
                 INT     active-lo       level        2
6:A          8   24
                 INT     active-lo       level        2
6:B          8   24
                 INT     active-lo       level        2
6:C          8   24
                 INT     active-lo       level        2
6:D          8   24
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
4:A          8   22
                 INT     active-lo       level        5
4:B          8   21
                 INT     active-hi        edge       15
1          8    1
                 INT     active-hi        edge       15
0          8    2
                 INT     active-hi        edge       15
3          8    3
                 INT     active-hi        edge       15
4          8    4
                 INT     active-hi        edge       15
6          8    6
                 INT     active-hi        edge       15
7          8    7
                 INT     active-hi        edge       15
8          8    8
                 INT     active-lo       level       15
9          8    9
                 INT     active-hi        edge       15
12          8   12
                 INT     active-lo       level       15
13          8   13
                 INT     active-hi        edge       15
14          8   14
--
Local Ints:     Type    Polarity    Trigger     Bus ID   IRQ    APIC
ID PIN#
I/O Ints:       Type    Polarity    Trigger     Bus ID   IRQ    APIC
ID PIN#
                 ExtINT   conforms    conforms       15
0          8    0

-------

MP Config Extended Table Entries:

--
System Address Space
bus ID: 0 address type: I/O address
System Address Space
bus ID: 0 address type: I/O address
address base: 0x0
address range: 0x10000
--
System Address Space
bus ID: 0 address type: memory address
address base: 0xf7d00000
address range: 0x100000
--
System Address Space
bus ID: 0 address type: prefetch address
address base: 0x80000000
address range: 0x77000000
--
System Address Space
bus ID: 2 address type: I/O address
address base: 0x3000
address range: 0x80
--
System Address Space
bus ID: 2 address type: memory address
address base: 0xf7e00000
address range: 0x100000
--
System Address Space
bus ID: 2 address type: prefetch address
address base: 0x0
address range: 0x0
--
System Address Space
bus ID: 5 address type: I/O address
address base: 0x4000
address range: 0x500
--
System Address Space
bus ID: 5 address type: memory address
System Address Space
bus ID: 0 address type: memory address
address base: 0xa0000
address range: 0x60000
--
Bus Heirarchy
bus ID: 15 bus info: 0x01 parent bus ID: 0
predefined range: 0x00000000
--
Compatibility Bus Address
bus ID: 5 address modifier: subtract