Date:      Wed, 06 Oct 2004 23:01:44 +1300
From:      Matthew Luckie <mjl@luckie.org.nz>
To:        Guy Middleton <guy-dated-1099620425.428038@obstruction.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ath driver on thinkpad R50p

>>If there is demand for me to continue merging the NetBSD ath code into
>>FreeBSD, I'd like to continue.  For now, a quick review or feedback
>>would be appreciated.
>
> Do you have WEP working?  I would love to try this out, but I don't have
> access to a non-WEP network.

I've updated the driver a little so it is closer to NetBSD's driver
which apparently has some WEP support according to the commit message of
Revision 1.33

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/ic/ath.c

I've moved my old driver to
http://www.wand.net.nz/~mjl12/dev-ath.diff.1

and put the new one at
http://www.wand.net.nz/~mjl12/dev-ath.diff

I tried getting WEP going locally, but had no success, although I've had
trouble in the past with seemingly non developmental drivers, so it
could just be me / my setup.

All I can suggest is give it a shot, if that's possible.

Note that I've done more digging through the lists and now see the
significance of Sam's patch of a few months ago.  I had not applied the
patch correctly when I tried it out, so I'll go looking that patch again
with a bit more of a careful eye.

Matthew