Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 12:41:43 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, terry@lambert.org, mestery@winternet.com, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with my Wincast, fxtv

> Please, post proposed changes to the multimedia mailing first so at
> the very least the multimedia group can present a unified consesus
> agreement .

the code is in the README file of my last snap (and I thought I also
posted it explicitly, if I didn't it was just by mistake).

At any rate the code is as follows:

/*
 * this stops the dma channel and returns the residual count
 * derived calling isa_dmastatus
 */
int isa_dmastop(int chan)
{
    if (dma_inuse & (1 << chan) == 0)
        printf("isa_dmastop: channel %d not acquired\n", chan);
    if (dma_busy & (1 << chan) == 0)
        printf("isa_dmastop: channel %d not acquired\n", chan);
    if ((chan & 4) == 0)
        outb(DMA1_SMSK, (chan & 3) | 4 /* disable mask */);
    else
        outb(DMA2_SMSK, (chan & 3) | 4 /* disable mask */);
    return isa_dmastatus(chan);
}

I am not at all concerned on the presence of the checks in the
first two lines (since if the channel is already disable then there
is no problem anyways).

	CHeers
	Luigi