Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:09:09 +0900
From:      Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>, Matthew Reimer <mreimer@vpop.net>, firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MFC?

At Sun, 20 Oct 2002 23:20:49 -0700 (PDT),
Julian Elischer wrote:
> > Julian, what kind of problem do you have with 4.7?
> > My (a month-old) 4.6-STABLE box works fine.
>
> I think it's working ok, but it didn't seem to find the dvd recorder I
> have on a SBP2<->atapi converter.. I sent you a dmesg last week.. but I
> have not been able to do more work on it yet.

I'm sorry I can't find your mail including dmesg. Could you sent me again?
Or do you mean the following message?

At Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:19:21 -0700,
Julian Elischer wrote:
> > What kind of device do you use? DV or SBP-II?
>

> It is a SBP-II to Atapi converter attached to a Pioneer DVR-A04 DVD writer.
>
> (the SBP-II->atapi adapter is from Indigita. a Dt418F, and the host adapter is
> an Idigita OHCI iDT480PCI firewire PCI card..
>
> found-> vendor=0x11c1, dev=0x5811, revid=0x04
>          class=0c-00-10, hdrtype=0x00, mfdev=0
>          subordinatebus=0        secondarybus=0
>          intpin=a, irq=11
>          map[10]: type 1, range 32, base e2000000, size 12
>

> I will start integrating the driver to my test machine today. (it is 4.7)
> If it works here I will then back-port as needed to 4.4 for production.
> I guess I need to first fiddle the PCI IDs in the driver to find this card.

> > Any objection to MFC?
>
> I think it should be MFC'd but firat you should but the userland parts
> into /usr.sbin or somewhere..

> They shouldn't be in the kernel sources.
> you can ask cvs@freebsd.org to repo copy them to wherever they should
> be..

Yes, bus_mgm.c and fw_tap.c shouldn't be there.
I'll remove them.

At least, we need a user land command to reset bus.
I'm wondering what name of the command should be appropriate.
fwcontrol? (a little confusing with firewall?)

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
PGP public key: http://www.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~simokawa/pgp.html