Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 1995 12:48:18 -0700 (MST)
From:      Jeremy Chatfield <jdc@crab.xinside.com>
To:        nate@trout.sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: X11 protocol compressor.

Nate Williams writes:

> > > could figure out how to "use" LBX, I'd give it a try.
> >
> > On the remote side:
> >
> > 	lbxproxy -display home:0.0 :23.0
> > 	setenv DISPLAY :23.0
>
> Has anyone had any luck with this?  I've tried it from work (SunOS 4.1)
> to home (XFree86 3.1.1) and it works for a bit and then hangs completely
> when I try to run something useful like netscape.  (Yes, I know I can
> run it locally but the BW at work is higher :)

LBX in XFree86 is from the X11R6 LBX snapshot.  The spec was not
complete in September, so interoperability is definitely
suspicious... and it may not be fully compatible with the final spec
(due to have been released this month, last time I checked).

Expect LBX to be fairly robust by year end, when the final spec will
have propogated in code widely...

Cheers, JeremyC.
--
Jeremy Chatfield, +1(303)470-5302, FAX:+1(303)470-5513, email:jdc@xinside.com
        X Inside Inc, P O Box 10774, Golden, CO 80401-0610, USA.