Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:44:49 -0400
From:      Robert Withrow <bwithrow@baynetworks.com>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc:        Robert Withrow <bwithrow@BayNetworks.COM>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, markm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: exmh-2.1.1 port doesn't work with nmh

andrews@technologist.com said:
:- Why are you sending redundant patches to the ports list?

If you mean redundant because they are also PRs, it is because,
in the past, there has occationally been a significant delay
between the submission of the pr and the fixing of the port.
I was hoping to spare a port user the effort of re-fixing the same
problem (by having a solution appear *both* in the mailing list
archives and the pr database) in the interim.  Since I mention
pr number in the mail message there should be no confusion.  [I
just went and checked the open ports pr's and while the list is quite
small (way to go guys!), still about 1/2 of them are more than
30 days old.  Also, in the case of this specific patch, I
sent it to the port maintainer about 6 weeks ago, and the
fix never got integrated, leading me to belive that something
got lost.  So I opted for this belt-and-suspenders approach.]

But, if a lot of people on the list don't like this, I won't
do it.

Thanks!

--
Robert Withrow -- (+1 978 288 8256)