Date:      Sat, 20 May 2006 12:20:31 +0200
From:      Ulrich Spoerlein <uspoerlein@gmail.com>
To:        Patrick =?iso-8859-15?Q?Lamaizi=E8re?= <patfbsds@davenulle.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipw(4) breaking under load

--61jdw2sOBCFtR2d/

Patrick Lamaizi=E8re wrote:
> > is it just me, or is no one actually using ipw(4) under 6.1? Anyway, I
> > set up a FreeBSD based AP using an ural(4) device. I'm connecting to it
> > via laptop and ipw(4). This works fine, as long as you don't push it.
> >
> > Transferring some files via NFS gives me a lousy 100kB/s transfer rate,
> > which quickly stalls and the connection wedges. Syslog reports:
> > May 19 17:29:48 roadrunner kernel: ipw0: fatal error
>=20
> I've got this error with the iwi driver too (Intel 2200 BG). But not ofte=
n=20
> (one or two times a week). It seems not related to the network load for m=
e.

Normal network traffic works just fine for me. Several SSH session, http
traffic, pings etc.

Only when pushing it, it quickly stalls.

Ulrich Spoerlein
--=20
 PGP Key ID: 20FEE9DD				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: AEC9 AF5E 01AC 4EE1 8F70  6CBD E76E 2227 20FE E9DD
Which is worse: ignorance or apathy?
Don't know. Don't care.

--61jdw2sOBCFtR2d/

--61jdw2sOBCFtR2d/--