Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:57:59 +0200
From:      Florian Bofinger <bofax@camelot.de>
To:        Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wavelan: Siemens I-Gate MobilePort PCMCIA

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 08:45:48AM -0800, Lars Eggert wrote:
> > Current channel:			[ 3 ]
>
> This is the default channel for Europe - is this what the AP is using,
> too? What channel does the card use under Windows?

The AP-Channel is 10 - if I invoke wicontrol consecutively, I can see
the channel change.

> The other thing to check is whether the AP does Mac-based admission
> control, and maybe you reset the MAC under Windows?

AP does'nt do Admission-Control. Why should I change the MAC-Adress,
it should be a uniq hardware-address which *never* changes (I know,
I know...)

Is it possible that the driver isn't working with this Card? Aren't there
differences between Prism II-Cards?

Regards,
	Florian

--