Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:54:40 +0200
From:      Willie Viljoen <will@unfoldings.net>
To:        Whyking <justdis@gmx.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with soundcard fm801 under 4.8RC1

On Thursday 20 March 2003 19:33, someone, possibly Whyking, typed:
> Hi,
> my problem is still not fixed. I'm pretty sure by the time that the
> driver maybe just broken. When noone of you has an idea what the problem
> could be I gonna fill out a bug report. So any hints would be
> appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Whyking

I've been having a similar problem with an FM801 since 4.7-STABLE some time.
I filed a report on GNATS but it seems to have never been delivered. I'll
mail the maintaner of the driver and see if we can get him to take a quick
look.

Will

> Please copy mail to justdis@gmx.net, i'm not subscribed.
>
> On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 17:28:22 +0100
>
> Whyking <justdis@gmx.net> wrote:
> > Sorry, i forgot. I ran mergemaster and just reran MAKEDEV all. Still
> > doesn't work.
> >
> > On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:56:51 -0500
> >
> > Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com> wrote:
> > > [please wrap your lines to a reasonable length]

> > >  > before I upgraded my system to 4.8RC1. Since I compiled the new
> > >  > kernel I always get "/dev/dsp: Device not configured". It's a
> > >  > terratec 512i with an fm 801 chip (pci). I tried compiling the
> > >  > kernel with and without pcm support build in. The module loads
> > >  > without complaints and I see the soundcard in pciconf -l.

> > > Did you run "cd /dev; MAKEDEV all" after the upgrade?  It will do
> > > this for you automatically when you run mergemaster.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bill Moran
> > > Potential Technologies
> > > http://www.potentialtech.com