Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:18:54 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make upgrade from 2.2.8S to 3.0S

On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 03:05:15PM -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Seriously, I need details of failures.  To say "well, I was in a
> library somewhere and it said `error' and then stopped - hope this
> helps" doesn't really help. :)
>
> - Jordan

Yesterday, I've set up pure 2.2.8 release (bin distribution only) on
a test machine, then put 3.0-STABLE source on it in order to test the
2.2.8->3.0 upgrade procedure.

I've already ran ``make aout-to-elf-build''.
Besides some usual compilation warnings, there was about 20-30 kernel
messages:

ELF interpreter /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found

So, something ELFified is already running during making the elf world.
Sorry, don't know what exactly this is...

Today, I will do the second part of upgrade, and will inform you
of results, ASAP.

Best regards,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA of the