Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 21:30:50 +0100 (MET)
From:      Albrecht Kleine <kleine@ak.sax.de>
To:        patrick@cre8tivegroup.com (Patrick Gardella)
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TYA JIT for FreeBSD

You wrote:
> Albrect,
>
> That is great news to hear!
>
> What would you need from our end?  Someone to hack code, or merely to make sure
> the latest and greatest is availible on the FreeBSD side?

As mentioned in other mail the release of TYA1.2 comes at the weekend.
Thanks the initial work of K.Ball and my further ``studies'' of FreeBSD OS.

I used version 2.2.6 and jdk1.1.5 (February)
I have added a primitive recognition of this JDK in the./configure script,
so it should run well. (But tested only text mode stuff like ``javac'')

Because 1.1.5 is outdated, I tried also 1.1.6, that works too. But
this mysscript does not recognize autmaticly, because Steve Bourne's Linux
port has the same release version.

WHAT I NEED is mostly that someone of you experts will change
the configure script for proper setting some defines like

#define FREEBSD

etc.

> If its the later, I'd be happy to maintain the port.  I'm too busy to hack on
> this as well :)
>
> We'd  love to have TYA!
>
> Patrick
Cheers