Date:      Sat, 11 Jun 2022 17:28:06 +0200
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf@riseup.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: typing with broken arm

On Sat, 11 Jun 2022 08:34:55 +0200, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
>Use "sticky keys" for alt/ctrl/shift/etc. so you don't need telescopic
>fingers for typing e.g. <ctrl>+<u>

Hi,

I'm a right-hander and guitarist, so my left fingers are kind of
telescopic. I made a few tests, for me there are no issues related to
the distance, but it's that unusual just using the left hand, that it's
like I've never have seen a QWERTZ keyboard (de) before.

If I type with both hands I know where the chars are, but as soon as I'm
using the left hand only, I need to search the chars. Searching chars
is very time consuming. I needed 4 minutes to type the OPs initial
sentence. The OP needed 5 minutes, IOW both of us are more or less
equal slow in typing this ridiculous short sentence.

IMO the problem is the orientation. I'm really confused and disoriented
when using just the left hand.

Regards,
Ralf