Date:      Wed, 28 May 2003 11:00:33 -0400
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@databus.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Ivailo Tanusheff <i.tanusheff@procreditbank.com>
Subject:   Re: Cascading qmail servers

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 07:45:10AM -0700, Wes Peters wrote:
> > Don't assume that you can't create an alias for each user.  When I
> > worked at a very large NY bank, with well over 100,000 employees,
> > /etc/mail/aliases was that big, and sendmail worked just fine.
>
> In sendmail, you can do domain routing with mailertable.  I think you can
> do the same in Postfix with relay_domains.

The question I thought I was answering was how to make the address
  <Barney.Wolff@motherofallbanks.com>
route to my actual account, <Barney.Wolff@dept9876.motherofallbanks.com>.

If external correspondents use the sub-domains the problem is easier,
but employees in large orgs move around so often it's impractical.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.