Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:30:46 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Jim Arnold <jarnold@knightridder.com>
Cc:        Gerard <gms08701@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kdelibs3 fails to build

Jim Arnold wrote:

> At 8:26 AM -0700 6/17/02, Gerard wrote:
<snip>
> I even went ahead and pkg_deinstalled QT3 for good measure.
>
> After that KDE3 installed without a hitch. I don't claim to understand
> why it worked
> but it did.

There was more out of date on my system than that when I started. I
already had the latest qt-3.0.3_5 installed. So, I recursively deleted
everything starting with XFree86-4.2, libiconv, libxslt, and png.
There wasn't any problem, excluding a long wait, building and
installing kde-3.0.1.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart