Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2006 15:23:06 -0400
From:      "Scott Ullrich" <sullrich@gmail.com>
To:        "Eric Anderson" <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Detecting GMIRROR volumes without using gmirror utility

On 7/7/06, Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com> wrote:
> Maybe you can use the geom tasting functions? I see some hints here:
>
> /usr/src/sys/geom/geom.h

Well I was hoping something would be built in so we do not need to tie
additional dependencies to BSD Installer.   I don't mind tying gmirror
to BSD Installer to create the actual volumes but it seems like
somewhat of a hack to use gmirror to survey them.   Maybe I just need
to go ahead and use gmirror to survey in addition?

Thanks for your quick reply!

Scott