Date:        Tue, 7 Mar 2000 22:29:54 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.csd.uu.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What mean the next message

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 10:57:11PM +0200, System operator wrote:
> Hi FreeBSD user!
> What should mean the following:
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libXaw.so.6" not found?

It means that you tried to run some program which uses the shared library
libXaw.so.6 and that that library couldn't be found.
That library is for X programs so I presume that you tried to run some X
based program.

> Thanks in advance for help.
> System is 3.2 RELEASE after 2.2.8-stable with aout to elf
> upgrade.

I guess that the library in question wasn't updated with the rest of the
system. (The single version number (.6) means that it is an ELF library
rather than a.out.)
Either that or the system isn't looking in the right place. (man 8 ldconfig)