Date:      Wed, 25 Dec 1996 10:13:47 -0600 (CST)
From:      Aleph One <aleph1@dfw.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
Cc:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>, Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.dialix.com>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, freebsd-core@freebsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IP Filtering to www.freebsd.org

On Wed, 25 Dec 1996, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> I wouldn't mind knowing your identity before I engage in some kind
> of public discussion with you, but I will send you this one answer:

Morning Poul. There is not much to know. I run both underground.org and
BugTraq. If you want a name (what difference does it make?) feel free to
do a whois on underground.org.

> Yes, we do filter certain networks out from our machines.  In
> particular networks that either have or have threathend to
> abuse our hospitality.
>
> In the case of Theo, I don't think we need to do any justification
> of this filtering.
>
> He's being filtered, end of story.
>
> If he wants anything from freebsd, he can pick it up from a mirror
> somewhere.
>
> If he wants the filter removed, he can send us a notarized letter,
> apologizing for his past behaviour.

I'am not here to fight for Theo. I was just amazed by the fact that the
filter existed. Obiously it doesnt really stop anyone from using the web
site (the are plenty of annonymous web proxies), or to ftp from a mirrow.
So I wanter of what real use it is, other than being a childish fight
between the two projects.

> --
> Poul-Henning Kamp           | phk@FreeBSD.ORG       FreeBSD Core-team.
> http://www.freebsd.org/~phk | phk@login.dknet.dk    Private mailbox.
> whois: [PHK]                | phk@tfs.com           TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
> Power and ignorance is a disgusting cocktail.

Aleph One / aleph1@dfw.net
http://underground.org/
KeyID 1024/948FD6B5
Fingerprint EE C9 E8 AA CB AF 09 61  8C 39 EA 47 A8 6A B8 01