Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:23:46 +0600
From:      "Ivan S. Baturin" <ivan@labfer.usu.ru>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Collecting hardware information in FreeBSD

Dear List Members!

I am not experienced in FreeBSD and need small aid in getting hardware
info from machine on which the FreeBSD installed (the guy who managed
this server is gone from us :( ). Is there any simple software that is
easy to run or install/run on FreeBSD5 to get info like manufacturer,
model, serial and etc from hardware parts installed (it need to be run
only once or twice on two machines)? The server is running and people
using it as http, e-mail, fileserver and other roles and I don't like
to shutdown it (otherwise I would just boot from CD or FDD on which I
have the Win/DOS version of Everest/Aida of Astra software which suit
my need well).

Many thanks in advance!
Regards, Ivan Baturin
Ural State University