Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 1997 23:12:34 -0600 (CST)
From:      "jtkipp@students.wisc.edu" <jesse@foo.bar.com>
To:        "Van Den Bergh, Andreas" <Andreas.VanDenBergh@be.origin-it.com>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: installing boot.flp

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Van Den Bergh, Andreas wrote:

> Hi,
> I've downloaded boot.flp, ... but it's 1,479,138 bytes big, and this
> does not
> fit on a 1.44 MByte floppy.  Used fdimage.exe but it gives me an error
> that
> there's not enough space on the floppy.
> What do I do wrong.
> ThanX
Are you using a new disk? the boot.flp (by nessecity) is almost _exactly_
the size of a HD floppy, if you are using an old disk and it has _any_ bad
sectors you won't be able to use it, because the format will write around
them and you'll be short on disk space (this has happened to me
before...). If you are in dos also try "fdimage /?" and manually entering
the parameters, like
"fdimage -s 1.44M -f c:\freebsd\boot.flp -d a:" or something like that
(the "-*" are prolly wrong letters, but that is what it looks like...)

Jesse kipp
Jtkipp@students.wisc.edu