Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 02:46:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        bjc23@hermes.cam.ac.uk, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
Subject:   Re: Auto power-off?

My secret spy satellite informs me that on 12-Jun-98, Mike Smith wrote:
>> My secret spy satellite informs me that on 12-Jun-98, Frank Mayhar
>> > For the record, this does _not_ work with the Hitachi MX133T laptop.
>>
>> Also for the record, this does _not_ work with my Toshiba Satellite
>> 105CS.
>
> What APM version?

Windows 95 (OSR2) calls it "APM 1.1".  So does LInux (Slackware 3.4,
kernel 2.0.33).

According to the apm driver in 2.2.6-STABLE (checked out & built circa
980604), however:

apm0 on isa
apm: found APM BIOS version 14.0

> Also, have you updated to the latest BIOS for that
> system?

Yes.  I have Toshiba BIOS v5.20 loaded on there.  This is the latest,
according to both the Web site and Tech Support (I called them).

> Which FreeBSD version?

I am running 2.2.6-STABLE, checked out and built circa 980604.

Since I'm interested in getting to the bottom of this, I would be willing
to try CURRENT on this machine if there are significant changes in APM
between RELENG22 and CURRENT.

> For the BIOS, see:
> http://www.csd.toshiba.com/tais/csd/support/files/Flash_BIOS/100cv520.exe
---
Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com> - Ask me for my PGP key | PGP: Your
WWW HomePage: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ #1347455 | right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212   | 'Net privacy.
Phone: (805) 957-9666    FAX: (800) 492-5954            | USE IT.