Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 21:12:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@nvl.virginia.edu>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   leading technologies we support...?

Hi folks,

	I just want to see if I can collect a list of the next generation
technologies that FreeBSD is helping come into being.  I mean this in the
sense that FreeBSD is either the primary development platform or the
FreeBSD  user base is significant enough that FreeBSD is considered the
reference platform.

	So far all that comes to mind clearly is mrouted (Bill Fenner,
right?) and one of the IP6 implementations (INRA? Frenchies, right?).

	What else is primarily a BSD application?  Can we claim that BIND
and sendmail are still primarily BSD applications that are ported to the
world?  What others are there?

	I find dropping core technology names from past BSD successes
useful when selling FreeBSD.  The next generation technolgies are also
becoming interesting to some people I deal with regularly these days.

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,