Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2023 12:59:12 +0200
From:      PAVEL POPA <pavel.popa@edu.unife.it>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   About "ifmp_ring"

Hi everyone,

Reading the IFLIB's code I noticed this "ifmp_ring" data structure,
but by checking the "mp_ring.c/h" files, I cannot see a single comment
nor any documentation  whatsoever about what that really is (I guess
some kind of lock-free ring buffer? but then why not using
"buf_ring"?), and/or at least a simple example of its intended correct
usage. Did anyone work with this "ifmp_ring" that knows what it really
is and how to properly use it, and is kind enough to share that here
please? As its only user that I can see, seems to be IFLIB, and of
course I can dig deeper into IFLIB to (probably) understand all that,
but this option seems pretty painful and onerous to me.

Thanks in advance,
Pavel