Date:      Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:44:39 +0530
From:      Joseph Koshy <joseph.koshy@gmail.com>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kbd goes away on multi

On 6/16/05, Randy Bush <randy@psg.com> wrote:

rb> installing from june snapshot cd on a dell poweredge 2850
rb> 1ru rackem-stackem server
rb> install was fine
rb> boot single user and all is fine
rb> go multi and the keyboard does nothing

It appears that once USB gets started up, the onboard 'DRAC'
(Dell Remote Access Console, I believe) takes over as a USB
"keyboard", leaving the PS/2 keyboard out in the cold.

The following work-arounds worked for me:

1) Booting using a USB keyboard attached to one of the USB ports.
   Attaching a USB keyboard *after* the machine has booted
   didn't work for some reason.

2) Turning off USB (usbd_enable=3D"NO" in /etc/rc.conf) in
   single user mode.

--=20
FreeBSD Volunteer,     http://people.freebsd.org/~jkoshy